My First 40k Vehicle - Part 1

I have never painted a tank of any sort. The largest models I've ever done are my two Warmachine 'jacks and they're about the size of a Dreadnought. Needless to say I was quite nervous last night when I sat down to get started on one of the two Rhinos in my 1k Crimson Fists army.

As it turns out I'm pretty pleased with how it is turning out. I gave it an undercoat of Moradian Blue and then based it with Regal Blue. It took 5 or 6 coats of paint (2 of the undercoat and 3 or 4 of the base) to get an even color which seemed like a lot to me.


click on the image for a larger version

From there I gave it a very heavy drybrush of Enchanted Blue followed by a light drybrush of Ice Blue. I was a little worried about how this would look but the more time I spent with it the more I liked it. It was getting late at this point so I did the metals and then went to bed


click on the image for a larger view

I have some detailing and the tracks left to do before I try my hand at a little weathering.

What does everyone thing? I'd love to get some feedback because I've never done anything like this before.