Friday, July 31, 2009

Painting the Red Marine

Since my standard bearer isn't primed yet I put some more work into the red marine who has been on my desk for weeks.





The red was done with a base of Merchrite Red, a wash of Badab Black, and then three layers working through Merchrite Red towards Blood Red. I gave most of the edges a thin highlight of Blood Red and then a few select places an extra highlight of Blazing Orange.

I'm pretty pleased with how he turned out. The transition from Merchrite to Blood is smoother than I thought it would be and the edge highlights help make the red pop. I think its most obvious in the first photo on the powerfist side.
blog comments powered by Disqus