Slow Grow League - Week 4

This week we moved up to 35 points. Here's the list I ran:

Ashlynn
+Nomad
+Vanguard
Gun Mages + UA
+Mule
6 Forge Guard
Aiyanna and Holt
Reinholt
Gorman
Ragman

My first game wasn't a league game. I played PG_Hacksaw running Grissel, Champions, and Burrowers. I didn't have much of a plan this game but it didn't matter because my dice were terrible. We both had a good laugh about it but this game was never close.

After that debacle I played a Cryx list running pAsphyxious, some Bane Thralls, Bloodgorgers, and Slaughterborn. The early game went reasonably well for me and I think I had some good things going but my dice went cold again and he could not fail a Tough check on the Bloodgorgers. I poured a ton of resources into them trying to set something up and couldn't get it to work. I probably could have saved the game by trying something else but I got too focused.

My last game was against a Legion player running Absylonia, three heavies, several lessers, and some Forsaken. I got a good start to this game by taking out his Carnivean early but he got back into it by clogging up the middle of my lines and pressuring my Gun Mages on the left. I was able to get a solid win because he forgot about my Mule and didn't budget enough Fury for transfers.

Finally - a win! I'm really loving this army but I'll admit it was starting to be a bummer that I hadn't won a game yet. I'm still not really sure what this army's win condition is but I'm going to start looking for ranged wins in the future. I've also noticed that a lot of my support either gets killed early or never gets involved, usually due to poor deployment and movement on my part.