Lobster Pot Patrol

This was so much fun. I had imagined this project using a very desaturated, bland palette that would let a single, bright, saturated color really shine through. I used a lot of black, gray, and white, and when I did use a real color I mixed it with dark gray. I also applied a brown wash at the end to further desaturate everything. It really allowed the bright blue to pop.

I'm a little disappointed with crab claw man and crab legs man - the other four look like humans with something horrible but those two just look like monsters. There's too much blue / mutation on them and instead of being a highlight it dominates. For crab claw man I shouldn't have also given him the fish head and I also should have done something with a sleeve so his entire arm wasn't blue. I'm not sure how to save crab legs man but he's the most out of place in the whole patrol.

This was also my first time sculpting anything and I'm really proud of how the tentacles and crab claw came out. The two-handed sword guy with one tentacle and crab claw guy were done with Milliput and the pistol guy with lots of tentacles was done with green stuff.

Really pleased with how this all came out overall. It was great to conceptualize a project and have it turn out just like the vision.

Models were primed black. Everything washed with GW Agrax Earthshade after all the bases and highlights were done.

Beige: VGC Khaki + VMA Anthracite Gray, highlighted with VGC Khaki

Gray (sleeves and puffy pants): VMC Basalt Gray, highlighted with VMA Pale Blue Gray

Black: VMA Anthracite Gray, highlighted with VMA Anthracite Gray + VMC Basalt Gray, highlighted with VMC Basalt Gray

Brown: VMC Leather Brown + VMA Anthracite Gray, highlighted with VMC Leather Brown

Skin - VGC Bone White, highlighted with VGC Dead White

Blue - I worked up from the black primer all the way to white, then I used GW Talassar Blue contrast.

Base - folk art Dove Gray + GW Agrax Earthshade