Cygnar Battlegroup Box

When Privateer Press announced that they'd be discontinuing most of their older models when launching Mk4 I bought a bunch of older stuff out of nostalgia. I have 25-ish points of Mk3 of Cygnar and Khador and maybe I'll buy some Mercs as well.

I tried out some new paints with these - the metals are from the Vallejo Metal Color range and I used the new formulation of Agrax Earthshade. I also tried to see how far I could push on the idea of focusing my attention on the important bits and cutting corners on the stuff that doesn't matter. On the 'jacks specifically I really only used blue, silver, and copper and only spent any time on the blue. I think the end result looks really cool and produces a pretty striking scheme.

Base colors are Vallejo Metal Color Duraluminium, Vallejo Metal Color Copper, and Vallejo Model Color Prussian Blue. The whole model was washed with new style Agrax Earthshade and then the blue was highlighted with VMC Prussian Blue, VMC Medium Blue, VMC Andrea Blue, and VMC Deep Sky Blue. Bases are Folk Art Real Brown, Raw Sienna, and Camel with VMC Black on the base rims.