Steamroller 2010


image from Privateer Press

This weekend I will be attending a Steamroller 2010 tournament. This will be my second Warmachine tournament and the format is a lot more formal than the first one I attended.

The biggest difference, and the one I'm most worried about, is that each player has timed turns. Each turn lasts for 10 minutes and I've never played in a timed format in any wargame. After 10 minutes my turn just ends, whether or not I've done everything I wanted to.

Hopefully I'll get in four games this weekend. I can bring two different 35 point lists and these are what I'm planning on:

Strakhov (+6)
+Spriggan (10)
+Kodiak (8)
Great Bears (5)
5 Demo Corps (9)
Widowmakers (4)
Koldun Lord (2)
Manhunter (2)
total: 34

pButcher (+6)
+Spriggan (10)
+Kodiak (8)
+Kodiak (8)
Great Bears (5)
Widowmakers (4)
Manhunter (2)
Kell Bailoch (2)
Orin Midwinter (2)
total: 35

I don't really see myself using the Butcher list at all. I had a lot of fun playing Strakhov this past weekend and I'd like to get some more games with him this weekend. Also, I'm hoping that since he'll only have been out for a week and a half that I can catch some people off balance with him and maybe squeak out a win or two.

I finished the last tournament 1-2. In a perfect world I'd like to win 2 games this weekend but I know that this tournament is going to be more serious than the previous one so I think a more realistic goal is to win 1. Wish me luck!