December and 2010 Summary

The year is over and this is the last month's summary of 2010 (and the first post of 2011).

New Model Fund
I wanted to close out the year without buying any new models but wasn't able to do it this month. I had to purchase a model for the Secret Santa model exchange I participated it, and also some Troll Whelps for a tournament. I ended up spending $28.11 in total, well under the $50 I started with. Usually I'd turn half of that money over into next month but I'm going to let it go. Once I start prepping for Templecon I'll need to buy some models for my tournament lists so hopefully I'll get some money for Christmas.

For 2011 I've been thinking about cutting my hobby fund a little in an attempt to save some cash, but I think I'll hold off on that plan for right now. I have had to buy a lot of models for Templecon but after that I'd like to take a break and paint up some of the models in boxes that I have instead of buying new ones.

Painting for Points
I was already way over my total from last year and the two tournaments this month helped push me even further. I ended up painting 14 points this month, including Grim Angus, 10 Bushwhackers, a Troll Impaler, and the Orc Shaman.

I'm finishing 2010 with 118 points - 40 more points than last year. That's due mostly to my break-neck pace with the Trolls in the past few months. My goal for 2010 was 75 points and I think I'll up the ante for 2011 and set my goal at 100 points. This Templecon painting frenzy will get me off to a good start.

2011 Goals:

Go to Templecon fully painted. I'll post more about this in a few days, but I have one month to paint a ton of models.

Finish all of my Troll and Khador models.

Participate in some kind of slow grow league at my LGS.

Purchase fewer models and paint more models.

Sell off my Tau and give some serious thought to selling the Wood Elves.

Make a conscious effort to improve myself as a player.