Half Year Checkup

Every January I take a look back at the previous year's hobby achievements and look ahead to some things I'd like to accomplish in the coming year. Usually I forget all about these resolutions until the following January, but not this year! It has been 6 full months since I made my resolutions for 2011 and I wanted to take a look at how I'm doing:

Go to Templecon fully painted.
Done!

Finish all of my Troll and Khador models.
Templecon put a big dent in my Troll models and I've kept working on them since. There are 10 Trolls left to be painted and a single Khador model left. This should be very doable.

Paint 100 points of models.
I'm up to 77 points done at the 6 month mark and have a ton of painting that I want to do. Easy.

Participate in some kind of slow grow league at my LGS.
Done and it was awesome! I was really bummed I didn't get to play as many games as I wanted in this league but it was a blast.

Purchase fewer models and paint more models.
The slow grow league and Templecon caused my to buy a bunch of models so I've failed a bit there but I have been painting up a storm this year.

Sell off my Tau and give some serious thought to selling the Wood Elves.
I'm in the process of selling my Tau right now (and my Space Marines!) and I've decided to sell the Wood Elves as well. I'm still deciding the best way to sell the Elves but I expect them to be done by the end of the year.

Make a conscious effort to improve myself as a player.
This is a little harder to quantify. I still lose a ton but I believe that I'm thinking better about the game and making smarter decisions. I also think I'm a smarter list builder now than I was last year. I'm trying to build lists where every model has a purpose and I try to start each game with a plan of attack.