Khador Battlegroup Box

Another Mk2 battlegroup box from Warmachine. I've painted the Mk1 version of the box with the original, metal versions of these models. The 'jacks weighed a ton and I wasn't a very good painter at the time. I tried the same painting style as the Cygnar box but it worked a little less well on these because they have such giant armor panels. The Cygnar 'jacks had a lot of smaller panels that I think this style works better on. I do still like the decision to allow a single color to provide most of the interest - here the red on the 'jacks is the only color to receive a highlight.




Base colors are Vallejo Metal Color Exhaust Manifold, Vallejo Metal Color Copper, and Games Workshop Khorne Red. I washed everything with new style Agrax Earthshade, and then highlighted the model with GW Khorne Red, Mephiston Red, Evil Sunz Scarlet, and Wild Rider Red. Sorsha's highlights stopped at Evil Sunz Scarlet and the fur was VMA Pale Blue Gray plus the wash. The bases are Folk Art Real Brown, Raw Sienna, and Camel with VMC Black on the rims.