Battletech Table and Terrain

I wanted to make some 1x1 terrain tiles after seeing a bunch of them on Instagram around Adepticon. I decided to make them at 6mm scale to play Battletech, Flames of Orion, or Steel Rift. I couldn't figure out how to take good photos of these. 

I used this tutorial for most of the texturing. I don't know if I used the wrong material but mine never got fully hard, it has a bit of a spring / flexibility to it. I had some issues with it chipping off when I was drybrushing so I'm not sure how durable it will be long term. 

I had a vision that I could create some city tiles that would have a consistent road grid no matter which sides were matched up. This sort of worked out but as the project was developing I also decided I didn't want to make 4 total city tiles so I never got to find out what the whole thing might look like.



The spaceship and hill came out OK? I'm not sure what I thought they'd turn into but it doesn't feel like I was successful. Same thing with the three storage tank things, although I think that was more successful than the crashed spaceship.



I also made some scatter terrain to fill in some of the open spaces and give the fixed boards some variety. I had a few of the 3D printed buildings left that I painted and I built what I hoped would look like desert rock tower/spires. The rock things ended up being larger than I wanted but I still think they look good and serve their purpose.

All in all it was fun to do this even if it didn't quite live up to the images in my head.