My First 40k Vehicle - Part 2

My first ever Rhino is complete and the marines couldn't be happier!



I tried out a bit of weathering by adding some light mud around the tracks and a few scratches on the paint job of the hull. I used a sponge (the padding from a blister pack) to dab some black in a few places and then did the same thing on top with some Boltgun Metal. I followed that up with a quick hit of Devlan Mud. I think it turned out alright and I'm confident I can make it work better on the next Rhino.



I'm pretty happy with the little freehand bits on the parchment things and the banner above the door. I also think the red lenses on the turret turned out well.



Note: That is not a dollar sign, it is a very curvy five that didn't turn out so well.



I'm thinking about going back and black lining some of the seams around the armour plates and doors to try to bring some more contrast to the hull. I'm also considering adding some transfers to make it more obviously a Crimson Fist Rhino.



What does everyone think? I'm really pleased with how it turned out and I'm ready to do the second one better.