Old Stuff Day!

Warhammer 39,999 decided that today was Old Stuff Day and encouraged people to take a look through some of their older posts and spotlight them. Here are a few that I remember being quite happy with:

1,000 Points of Crimson Fists



I really enjoyed painting this army, both visually and thematically. I was thrilled when I got it to this point and even though I don't play much 40k anymore I'm always considering doing a few more models for it.

Finished Red Marine



At the time (and possibly even now) this was the best model I had ever painted. I invested a huge amount of time into him and was immensely proud of the finished product. I learned a lot of new techniques painting him and refined several others, all of which helped make me a better painter.

Tutorial: Painting Red



This has easily been my most successful post, with nearly 4,100 hits as of this posting. I didn't expect it to be so successful, but I guess since red is a tricky color and this gives good results quickly people really like it.